Gooey, soft and chewy is what these Nutella brownies are. They taste amazing and only lasted about 3 days in our household, they went that quickly! They make a perfect gift, or you could bring them to a dinner party, or perhaps you have some friends or family coming over, and could leave these on a plate. Depending on how big you want the slices, depends on how many you get. I cut mine in quite big slices and got 9. You can have them hot with custard or squirty cream, or you can have them when they’re cooled down. They taste good either way!
You Will Need:
- 175g chocolate chips
- 175g butter
- 100g plain cooking chocolate
- 130g granulated sugar
- 150g nutella
- 3 large eggs and 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 100g self raising flour
- 40g cocoa powder. I used drinking chocolate, because I didn’t have any cocoa powder, which I thought I had. Remember if you do this, you then need to reduce the amount of sugar you put in.
- 1 pinch of salt
1) Preheat the over to 180 degrees. In a microwave bowl, put in the chocolate chips, butter and cooking chocolate. Heat in the microwave for a minute and stir. The mixture should be smooth.
2) Stir in the nutella.
3) Mix in the egg, including the yolk, with the sugar until light and thick.
4) Stir in the chocolate mixture and add the flour, cocoa powder and salt, folding it all in.
5) Pour the mixture into the baking tin and bake for 20-25 mins, however remember that everyone’s oven is different, so they make take shorter or longer.
6) Cut into slices and enjoy!