So last week I mentioned about starting Juice Plus and I did, Saturday just gone was my first week and I have lost 7lbs! Now obviously that’s going to slow down each week and it’s not been easy. The first few days were so hard and an absolute nightmare, only having 2 snacks and a main meal was difficult, and I had the worst headaches but now it’s getting much more easier and I’m actually enjoying it. I honestly feel so much better for clean eating and I’m looking forward to the next 15 weeks and hopefully I’ll be a few steps towards my goal. I was determined to make healthy food taste nice though and one of the recipes I cooked was lemon chicken, and it tasted amazing. Who said healthy had to be boring? When we think of eating healthy we are immediately self defeated because we think that means eating salads all the time. However providing you cut out your takeaways, packaged meals and bread, you will actually feel a lot better in yourself.
You Will Need:
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 lemons
- 50g flour
- 120g panko/ breadcrumbs
- 120g Parmesan cheese
- 115g melted butter
- dried parsley
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Get 3 bowls out, place flour in one of them.
2. In the second bowl, put in the panko, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, dried parsley and a little salt and pepper. Stir together.
3. In the last bowl add 4-5 teaspoons of lemon juice, and the melted butter and stir.
4. Cut the chicken into strips.
5. Rub the chicken in the flour.
6. Then rub it in the lemon mixture.
7. Finally rub it in the breadcrumbs. Repeat until all the chicken is covered. Bake in the oven for 10 mins.
8. Cut up lemon slices and place over the chicken and put back in the oven for another 10 mins.