Pasta is probably one of my favourite foods, apart from the carbs, which is why I’m just sticking to one pasta dish a week, but if i’m going to be doing that, then I’m going to make sure its going to be packed with lots of flavour. This is exactly what you get with this dish. You don’t necessarily have to put the chili flakes in, if your not over keen on spicy food. It’s actually pretty amazing, how only half a teaspoon, can add so much spice to some food. I really like spicy food though so I actually put a teaspoon in and that is plenty! However if you prefer more of a mild flavour, then I’d stick to just half a teaspoon. I also put garlic in this, which I’ve not done before, as most pasta sauces have garlic within them, but actually this didn’t really add much flavour to it, as the pepper and chili flakes are quite overpowering. Why not sprinkle a bit of parmesan over the top!
- 2 red peppers
- 75ml of milk
- 2 tablespoons of tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon of chili flakes
- Salt and pepper
- Some parsley
- 5oog pasta
1.Cook the pasta for 10 minutes.
2. While the pasta is cooking heat the garlic in a saucepan with a bit of oil.
3. To make the sauce, add the chopped peppers, garlic, milk, tomato puree, salt and pepper and chili flakes to a blender. Blend until completely smooth.
4. Heat the blended sauce up in a saucepan.
5. Add the pasta in to the sauce and stir.
6. Sprinkle the parsley over the top and enjoy!