Hey everyone! You may of seen I only posted twice last week, that was because I had a week off work and a pretty busy one that was. To get back into the rythm of things though, I’ve decided to kickstart the week with a baking post. These muffins are really yummy, however for those who don’t like things too sickly, you may just want half of one, like me. They are really filling but perfect for the chocoholics out there. Serve warm or cold, it doesn’t matter, as they taste good however you decided to serve them!
You Will Need
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 50g brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 75g dark chocolate
- 200g milk chocolate/chocolate chips
- 175g plain flour
- 75g butter
- 150ml double cream
- 50ml milk
1) Break up the dark chocolate into a microwaveable bowl, and stick in the microwave for 3 30 second intervals. Stir the chocolate until smooth, and whisk in 3 tablespoons of the cream. Cover the bowel with foil and pop in the fridge for half an hour.
2) Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Melt the butter in the microwave for 30 seconds. In a mixing bowl pour in the milk, sugar, butter, eggs and the rest of the cream, and mix.
3) Cut the milk chocolate into small chunks, or use milk chocolate chips. Fold in the flour, cocoa and baking powder, and the milk chocolate, and mix again.
4) Divide half the mixture between 8 muffin cases. Put a teaspoon of the chilled truffle mixture, into the centre of each one.
5) Cover with the remaining muffin mixture. Bake for 20 minutes.