This is the second recipie I am posting on littlemissminor and this is yummy scrummy chocolate marshmallow pie. This is for all the people with sweet tooths. As I got a great response from my first baking post, I thought I’d share another one with you. This is fairly easy to make. It does taste a bit like a cheesecake. For me I could only have tiny slithers of this at a time. It’s the kind of thing you see at swanky restaraunts where they only give a small portion. There’s a reason for that. You can cut this up however you want and could use a pie dish, but I just used a normal cake tin. You don’t have to use marshmallows on the top, you can put whatever you want on it. This would be good for a sweet treat or for if you have guests coming.
– 250g butter
– 350g dijestive biscuits crushed
– 225ml double cream
– 125ml milk
– 300g dark chocolate
– 2tbsp caster sugar
– a pinch of salt
– 2 eggs beaten
– 100g mini marshmallows
1) Preheat the oven to 170 degrees. Put the butter in a heatproof bowl and place on a saucepan of just-boiled water.
2) Leave the butter to melt.
3) When the butter has melted stir in the biscuit crumbs. Tip the mixture into the prepared dish of choice, pressing it up to the sides of the dish. Chill while you make the filling.
4) To make the filling, put the cream and milk in a saucepan over a low heat and bring to a simmer.
5) Remove the heat and add the chocolate.
6) Stir until the chocolate has melted.
7) Whisk in the sugar and salt.
8) Slowly whisk in the eggs until thoroughly blended. Pour the filling onto the base in the prepared tin, then bake for 20-30 minutes or until just set.
9) Then add the marshmallows. Enjoy!
What do you think of this recipie? What would you have on the top as a substitute for marshmallows?