It was only around 2 years ago I tried Mexican food. Saying that, I’ve only tried enchiladas, and nachos and they taste so good. These enchiladas are just the same as your meal kits you can buy at the supermarket, except you make your own sauce. It’s a really easy recipe and they taste amazing. It’s perfect if you are wanting a Mexican night, or holding a dinner party etc. You can put whatever vegetable you want inside, onions, peppers etc. I’ve left that out, but usually I would put some in. I hope you enjoy!
You Will Need For:
- 2 table spoons of olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 500g boneless chicken breast, cut into chunks
- Pepper, chilli, onions etc (optional)
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 300g cheese
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 4 tablespoons of chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon of oregano
- 500ml of vegetable stock
Method For The Sauce
- Heat the oil in the saucepan over medium heat. Add the flour and stir together for a minute. Stir in the remaining seasonings and gradually add the stock. Reduce heat and simmer for 10-15mins until thick.
Method For The Enchilladas
- Preheat oven to a 190 degrees. In a frying pan, heat the oil on medium heat and add the vegetables if your having any. Then add the chicken and fry for 6-8mins till it’s cooked through. Then remove from heat. Lay out your tortilla and place your chicken and vegetables inside, with some cheese and two tablespoons of sauce. Repeat until all tortillas have been done.
2. Spread the remaining sauce on top of the Enchilladas, along with the remaining cheese.
3. Bake for 20mins and enjoy!