Its been 3 months since I’ve featured a recipe on my blog and I thought it was about time that I did another one. My boyfriend eats literally all of these, so that gives you an idea on how good they are. I think these biscuits are really nice to just put on the table for when you have a people coming round your home and gives a nice alternative to biscuits you buy at a shop. Plus it shows you’ve put some effort in. The recipe makes roughly 20 biscuits so there is plenty to go around for everyone. I love them personally because if your not in a chocolate mood, these biscuits aren’t overly sweet or rich should I say and they are rather filling.
You Will Need:
– 300g butter
– 200g caster sugar
– yolks of 2 eggs
– 2tsp vanilla extract
– 300g plain flour
– 1/4tsp salt
– 25g cocoa powder
1. Beat together until light and fluffy, half the butter and half the caster sugar, in a large mixing bowl.
2. Add one egg yolk and one tsp of vanilla extract and beat in until thoroughly combined.
3. Sift in half the flour and half the salt then stir to form a dough. Chill for 30mins at least.
4. Repeat again, apart from this time put in the cocoa powder with the flour and salt. Chill for 30mins at least.
5. Roll out both doughs into a rectangle. Place one of the rolled out doughs on to the other one. Roll over to seal the doughs together. Chill for 2 hours at least.
6. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and slice the dough into discs.
7. Bake for 12-15mins, leave to cool and enjoy!