I love trying out different recipes, ones that I have never baked before, ones I have never tasted before. Of course I like making cupcakes but I don’t find them as challenging anymore, unless I was to make cupcake decorations. That is something I would like to give a go in the future. This recipe is quite a fun one to do if you have kids as its like a lolly in a biscuit, and you don’t have to use a heart shaped cutter, you can use any shape you like. This is a nice recipe if you are hosting a party or if you have guests coming over, its nice just to have them on the table. This recipe made roughly 20-25 biscuits but if you don’t want that many, then you can always halve the ingredients to make less.
You Will Need:
– 150g butter
– 150g caster sugar
– yolks of 2 eggs
– 250g plain flour
– pinch of salt
– 125g boiled sweets
1) Preheat the oven to 180 degrees/gas 4. Beat together in a mixing bowel the butter and sugar, until soft and creamy.
2) Gradually beat in the egg yolks.
3) Put in the flour and salt and mix to form a dough.
4) Shape into a ball, wrap in cling film and chill for 30 minutes.
5) Roll out the dough and use a round cutter to cut out circles. Use a smaller shape cutter of your choice and cut out the center of each circle. Place the biscuits on a baking tray. Keep going until you can make no more.
7) Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the biscuits are golden brown. Leave to cool down and then they are good to eat!