These cookies are extremely addictive, once you have one, you can’t stop. I also tasted some of the left over mixture, (I know gross!) and I’m not even joking, it tasted exactly like the cookie dough in Ben & Jerrys. This has now become a very dangerous recipe to know about! Whats worse is that these make a very generous 24 cookies! Great if you have a big household, not so great when its just the 2 of you in my case, where you could just eat them all. Just try not to over bake as they won’t be as chewy otherwise. They may look like they need a bit longer, however when you leave them to cool they will harden.
You will need:
- 14 tablespoons of butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 225g caster sugar
- 110g brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 200g – 300g chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 375g plain flour
1.Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. In a microwavable bowl, put the butter in and put in the microwave for 30 seconds. Add both sugars and mix together until light and fluffy.
2. Add the vanilla and eggs and mix again. Then add the flour, baking powder and salt and mix all together. Fold in the chocolate chips.
3. With an ice cream scoop, drop the dough on to the baking trays, leaving enough room for the cookies to expand. Bake for 10mins.