Hey guys, hope everyone is keeping safe and as well as can be. I’ve been a little quiet on here for just over two weeks, basically I’m just trying to adjust to the situation like everyone else is. Not really sure what to post or what I should be posting, so have decided I’m just going to post exactly what I’m thinking and feeling. and maybe it would just help you guys to know that someone is feeling the exact same way. Sending so much love to you all right now, we will get through this.
Feeling helpless is quite a big feeling at the moment. I just feel like I’m living selfishly, and people are fighting for their lives out there, but I can’t do anything to help. I can’t do anything to fix this, apart from stay indoors, which is an absolute must by the way, but when I put the TV on and see the news, I literally feel like I’m watching the world fall apart.
One thing I was dreading about being in lock down, was knowing that my anxiety could possibly get worse. After working so hard on my mind, and having put myself in isolation for a long time when I went through a dark period in the past, I am worried that this is going to trigger something. You know, there was a very long time where I was scared to go out, I feel like the last few years I’ve been working hard on this, and for that to have to stop, it is a concern. Obviously I know it’s to protect everyone else, and that is so so important, and I know we can go out for a hour of exercise a day, which is fine, but when I have been out to do that, you can’t help but feel like your being judged by others and maybe that’s part of the anxiety coming out but I don’t know its not a comfortable feeling. As much as I feel like I’ve done well this week and tried to keep positive, part of me is thinking this is only week 1 for me.
I feel so unsettled because every part of a routine I had is gone. We are all in the same boat, and have no idea how long this is going to go on for. I think that is the problem, is the unknown, I like to know as much as I can but I don’t, we all don’t, not even the top people do, its so unpredictable, and that’s why we all need to stick together and be kind to each other in all the uncertainty.
I don’t know if I’m on my own with this one, but one minute I’m fine and then I’ll see an advert, or I’ll FaceTime a family member, see the daily statistics and I’m like fighting back the tears. Everything just feels so surreal and like we are living a total nightmare at the moment. I think this is going to teach a lot of us a lesson, bit of a wake up call not to take the little things for granted and to cherish every little thing in life.
This is what is working for me right now and I hope that there is something on this list that will help you.
- Do some exercise, it doesn’t have to be anything intense. I do a workout DVD 5 out of 7 days at the moment, and I find if I do it first thing in the morning, it sets my mood up for the rest of day. You automatically feel like you’ve accomplished something and it’s a good feeling. So many people are doing live workouts that you can just join in and there’s lots of YouTube videos you can watch, or you might have a DVD on your shelf like me.
- Why not read a book, escape from this world a bit and get lost in someone else’s. I actually have so many books to read and I’m really excited to get started on them.
- Why not bake. I am going to post some recipes up on the blog over the next week, and there will be things where you don’t need flour for, as I know that is an item that is hard to get at the moment. Also there won’t be a banana bread recipe! What is everyone’s obsession with that all of a sudden?
- Put on a face mask. I did this the other day, and I’m going to insert a picture below actually for anyone who needs a laugh. My mum for Christmas, got me a Cruella Deville face mask and it was actually hilarious, I love it so much!
- Jigsaw? I still do jigsaws, they keep me entertained for hours and provides fun for all ages.
- Stick on your favourite playlist and just have a sing song and a dance. This is one of my favourite things to do at the moment. It’s really good at lifting spirits up and you can find some songs you completely forgot about.
- Get plenty of sleep is so important. If your not doing this, then start, because this can have a massive impact on your mind. Try and get at least 7-9 hours each night.
I just want to say we are going to get through this. You aren’t alone in all this. We are all stronger than we think, and if you think back in the past at a tough time in your life, you got through that so you can get through this, and we will together. We just need to take each day as it comes and it doesn’t really feel right saying this because its having a devastating impact on a lot of people lives, but just try and enjoy the simpler life. We’ve got to keep positive in these times and have hope, and try and lift each other up. This has to end at some point and when it does, hopefully some positive things can come from it. If you are struggling my email is always open at email@example.com if you just need a chat and get things off your chest, I shall also leave the charity Mind’s website below, as they are an amazing charity.
Mind Website: https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/helplines/
Sending lots of air hugs to everyone